Who we are?
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Window quotes Ltd on this website and by using any of our Quote web sites generally you agree to this use.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. Our PHPSESSID cookie is set for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. Our sites are all compliant with the new EU cookie legislation for this reason. We have also determined that it is also essential for the provision of our service. WE DO NOT USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS. A cookie is a small amount of data, which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can disable certain cookie functions as described below: If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but certain functions will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of Internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Windows Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.allaboutcookies.org. Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme, which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally but these logs may contain unique identifiable information left by your computer.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. We'll use the contact information provided to obtain your permission to pass your details to selected companies on our database. Under no circumstances do we pass your details to anyone without your permission.
The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiry, to maintain records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service).
- We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, and competitions and so on by any of the following methods:
- e-mail - we have a nice newsletter that we hope you choose to subscribe to. When you register on our sites we email an offer to subscribe. We will probably ask when we speak as well. If you don't want it, then that's no problem.
- telephone - we will call after your enquiry to see if we can help further. We're nice people and we promise never to pressure you in any way!
- Post - this is actually unlikely but we're covering ourselves just in case. If you don't want to receive anything from us by post just tell us at any time.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter. <-- the lawyer added this bit, but we haven't done any for years. You never know, but we'd better still mention it just in case and because we paid a fortune for his advice.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
- As a result of your login / enquiry, you may receive a copy of our free newsletter by email, upon receipt of which you may unsubscribe from future editions.
- We consider this as the starting process of your negotiations in the purchase of your exciting new home improvement. And we want it to work well for you. At each stage we'll drop you a quick email with a 'transactional' note of what we've done. We will ask if you can provide feedback too to let us and our network companies know how we're doing. As with all things here, if you want something to be different, just ask.
From time to time, we may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
- You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at our customer services address below. You'll get a reply almost immediately and your request taken care of in a matter of hours - not days or weeks.However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, or email firstname.lastname@example.org There's none of that "send £10" business with us. If you want to know what we're doing with your data, just ask and we'll tell you.
Customer Services (Data Request)
Window quote LTD
210 Glasgow Road
This domain will never be used or allowed to send unsolicited email (also known as UCE or SPAM). We strictly only allow to be sent emails to people who have registered their details with the sender and requested these communications in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended).